Winter is the time that plays real torment on your hair. If you have been caring enough for your hair, it is time to give some extra care. Although there are several hair care products available in the market, opting for natural or herbal hair care solutions have proved to give long lasting effects during winter season.
For a dull, rough and unmanageable hair, simple homemade herbal solutions are more workable. This can make the hair grow with all the essential softness and shine. Thus, you may follow simple things from home to help the hair stay in the normal state for years.
To save your hair and polish it with moisture, here are some of the trusted herbal solutions which can really help the hair grow with volume and fullness.
- Avoid Shampooing: Shampoo strips moisture from the scalp and hair, so wash strands every other day. Everyone’s hair is unique and so taking the winter conditions into account skipping shampoo and opting for a quick rinse after a natural hair conditioning treatment works just fine to keep hair clean and moisturized.
Natural Hair conditioning Method
Blend all the ingredients (1 Ripe Banana, 2 Table Spoon Honey and 2 Table Spoon Olive oil) in a blender to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on to hair and leave it for half an hour. To avoid dripping wear a shower cap. Rinse thoroughly with water since banana can stick to your hair. Pat dry the hair.
- Avoid blow-drying and brushing a wet hair: In order to prevent hair damages and other breakages, it is advised to avoid blow-drying and brushing your hair when it is wet. Once the hair strands are parched, comb the hair using a wide-toothed comb with a few drops of olive oil.
- Avoid exposure to lice: An itchy and dry scalp always causes discomfort and embarrassment. Sometimes it gives rise to the doubt that whether it is an onset of lice attack. The best solution to prevent dandruff is to take a quick, cool shower to reduce scalp’s exposure to the drying hot water.
- Massage the scalp with Vitamin E and coconut oil: Before taking a shower, massage the scalp with Vitamin E, olive, or coconut oil. These oils can moisturize the dry hair and at the same time replenish natural scalp oils. Tea tree oil can also be used as a popular treatment option for fungal and bacterial infections like dandruff. Wash the hair and scalp with tea tree oil daily to naturally cure a dry, itchy head.
- Switch Grooming Routine: Combing hair using natural bristles can help to redistribute oils from the scalp to the rest of the hair. Stick to cotton hats (which conduct much less static electricity than acrylic and wool) during winter.
Natural Ways for Winter Hair Protection
Keep warm on a Cold Day: Take quick showers in 5 minutes and use only lukewarm water on a cold day. Exposure to hot water can strip moisture from your hair and skin.
Dress for the weather: When heading outdoors, try to wear clothes that will keep you warm with a scarf, hat and gloves to avoid prolonged exposure to cold air and wind burn.
Consume Healthy Fats: During winter store your shelves with healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, such as nuts, fish, olive oil, sardines and avocados.
Keep hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
Eat Fruits & vegetables Rich in vitamin C: Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables such as citrus fruit or oranges and dark green leafy vegetables can help boost your body’s production of collagen (a protein that maintains skin and other connective tissues).