Commonly known as Indian Gooseberry, Amla is a natural fruit that has all the nourishing ingredients perfect to get rid of hair and skin problems. It can do wonders for your hair if used regularly and along with other natural ingredients.
You know, the popular treatment called Ayurveda (using pure natural herbs and ingredients) uses Indian Gooseberry in almost all of its preparations for skin and hair. Packed with rich vitamins and nutrients, it is also a nature’s gift to help you live a long and healthy life. One raw Indian gooseberry a day can help keep you healthy and strong to prevent any diseases.
But have you ever tried Amla shampoo? Amla is a common ingredient in a vast range of hair oils and shampoos, especially in India. Shampoos containing pure Amla and other herbs is good for cleansing an oily scalp. Apart from acting as an effective cleanser for oily hair, Amla Shampoo is highly recommended for premature greying of hair.
Amla shampoo also acts as an excellent conditioner, when used in combination with Hair Lotion. It has active components that nourish the hair and help its growth. These components are mild in nature, allowing the natural texture and natural oils of the hair retained for a healthy shine and appearance.
But before using any of these products, you must be aware about;
The health benefits of Amla/ Indian Gooseberry Shampoo for hair
- It consists of a number of essential fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the hair. These essential fatty acids are able to penetrate through the scalp to remove any dryness and consequently address issues like dandruff.
- Amla is rich in proteins, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals that are necessary to help the hair grow and prevent any hair loss.
- It has many antioxidant properties that are effective in strengthening the roots of the hair.
- It also acts a conditioner that gives hair a natural shine and bounce.
- You will notice that the amount of hair that you normally lose while washing is significantly reduced.
- Any oiliness or dirt in the hair is removed completely. Also, the components that you have used in this shampoo separate the strands of hair making your hair look a lot more voluminous.
- And, you will find your hair more shiny and healthy in appearance immediately after using this shampoo.
Amla or the Indian gooseberry is regarded as the best source of vitamin C but did you know that amla is a natural way to help with proper functioning of your liver? What more goodness can you get from Amla.
- Amla gives your hair fix for dandruff
Amla is well-known as a hair conditioner, but it also has valuable anti-dandruff properties. Amla can also be used in combination with tulsi or basil for action against dandruff.
- It can give your hair a natural shine
The natural ingredients in Amla can help give your hair a natural shine after you have washed off the shampoo or dye. If you’re using amla powder separately, it is important to add it last into the paste along with a henna or something else, just before you apply the paste to your hair. Also, try out some henna hair packs for healthy hair.
- Nourishes hair from root to tip
High in vitamin C levels, the Indian gooseberry, is great for hair, adding lustres, softness and doing away with dryness of the scalp. It is also a rich source of essential fatty acids that serve to keep the hair follicles strong and nourish the hair from the roots.
- Reduces hair fall
The natural goodness in Amla can reduce hair fall. You can eat it or apply it on your scalp. The fruit yields oil that has been used for ages for treating hair and scalp. It is said to penetrate the scalp and strengthen roots.
- Prevents skin ageing
The extract of amla is rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential in collagen production, a compound that keeps the skin looking young and elastic. Amla, when consumed on an empty stomach, has properties that slow down the degradation of collagen and helps the body produce more.
Get a pack of Amla Shampoo or try on some raw Amla fruits, you’ll know how it works for you.