Mint is a popular strong scented herb synonymous to freshness. It is a type of plant with small green leaves. These leaves are used for adding flavour to almost anything you cook such as in a salad, tea, Indian Chutney etc.
Apart from its seasoning value in cooking, Mint offers numerous health benefits to your body.
- Mint gives you a glowing and acne free skin.
- The high content of salicylic acid in Mint leaves soothes and calms an itchy and infected skin.
- Prevents pimples and blemishes and helps to get rid of blackheads.
- The potent anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in Mint can work wonders on an infected skin.
A number of cleansers, toners as well as some lip balms are made using Mint extracts.
Mint Cleanser Benefits for an Acne-Free Skin
Mint is an excellent ingredient for all skin types that needs some extra care and treatment. If you are suffering from severe acne problems on the face, using this simple ingredient can help you get rid of it. Mint Cleanser is a simple solution to get rid of acne naturally without any side effects.
- A mint juice extracted from Mint leaves is an excellent skin cleanser.
- A gentle skin cleanser made from Mint leaves, pure oils of Rosemary and Bergamot helps to remove excessive oiliness from your face and leaves the skin pores clean, fresh and well moisturised.
- The strong antioxidants present in mint leaves the skin with a natural glow and rehydrate dull and dry skin.
- It can soothe your skin and help to cure infections and itchiness.
- It can not only help reduce pimples but can also relieve the symptoms of acne.
How to use a Mint Cleanser?
Take some Mint Cleanser and scrub your skin with this solution to remove dead skin cells. This will not only hydrate and moisturise your skin but also remove or lighten pimple marks.
Mint for Treating Insect Bites
The antipruritic properties contained in Mint leaves is used for treating insect bites from mosquitoes, wasps, honeybees, hornets and gnats. The cooling sensation produced from mint leaves will relieve you of the irritating sensation and the constant urge to scratch after the insect bites. The anti-inflammatory nature of mint will bring down swelling. The strong aroma of mint is unappealing to most insects, therefore mint is used as a basic component in many bug repellent products.
Home Remedies for Skin and Hair care using Mint
Getting rid of Lice:
As mint is a natural bug repellent, you can use Mint for a lice-free hair. Completely get rid of lice from your hair by applying mint oil on your hair 3-4 times every week. Massage gently all over the hair roots and wait for 30 minutes to wash it off. Continue this for a few weeks or months, until you feel there are no traces of lice on your hair.
Getting rid of cracked heels:
Take a handful of mint leaves and boil them in water. Once it is cooled to a lukewarm, soak your feet in it. This helps to soothe cracked heels, remove odours and make your heels soft. The warm aroma of the leaves, while it is boiled, will help calm your nerves and senses, and help you relax.
Getting rid of Blackheads:
Make a smooth paste of Mint leaves and apply on the blackhead affected areas of your face. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Getting relieved of a headache:
Take a few mint leaves and crush it to a state for applying on your forehead. This will help in relieving your headache and give some freshness.
Now, you may know why Mint is so popular in the beauty care world. With many potential benefits to your skin as well as the body as a whole, Mint is one of the best natural ingredient easily available to you which you can give a try.